Thank you for your interest in the CUP Fellows Program.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25-40 and should have at least five years work experience post their undergraduate education.
- Applicants must be employed full-time in the New York tri-state area at the time of application, and must plan to remain employed throughout the fellowship. Internships and part-time positions do not meet this requirement. Special consideration is given to applicants who have current or prior experience in the public service sector.
- Applicants must not be currently participating in another significant fellowship program, and cannot participate in another fellowship at the same time as the CUP Fellows Program, which runs from February until January.
- Applicants must commit to attending the monthly Saturday sessions which will begin at 9:30am. Applicants must also be willing to make the time commitment to meet all deadlines and complete all assignments, as well as pre-session readings and written exercises (approximately two hours per month in addition to the sessions).
There is a $150 application fee for corporate sector applicants and a $100 application fee for non-profit/civic sector applicants.
Application and Selection Process
The application period for the 2020 CUP Fellows commences on November 4, 2019 and ended on December 2, 2019 at 5pm. Thank you to all the applicants who submitted their materials for the 2020 Fellows class. The application process is now closed.
Interviews of select candidates will be scheduled in January.
Selection of CUP Fellows is based on the following criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to CUP’s mission to connect, empower and mobilize the next generation of diverse business and civic leaders
- A demonstrated commitment to public service through relevant work and volunteer experience
- Experience of, and/or potential for, advanced leadership
- Academic, professional and/or community achievement
- Professionals of color and women from the business, consulting, digital and technology, finance, legal, media and entertainment, non-profit and public sectors
How do I apply?
Instructions for Submitting Your Application
The deadline for submitting all requisite materials for the 2020 CUP Fellows Program was December 2, 2019 at midnight. The application process is now closed.
The online application for the 2021 CUP Fellows class be available in Fall 2020.