The Council of Urban Professionals is now accepting applications for the 2018 CUP Fellows Program.
- Professionals of color across all industries and sectors with 5-10 years of professional work experience.
- Applicants must be employed full-time in the New York tristate area at the time of application and must plan to remain employed throughout the fellowship. Internships and part-time positions do not meet this requirement.
- Applicants must not participate in another significant program at the same time as the CUP Fellows Program, which runs from February 2018 through December 2018.
- Applicants must also be willing to make the time commitment to complete all program assignments (approximately 2 hours per month beyond the monthly sessions).
- Applicants must commit to attending the monthly workshops.
- Commitment to public service through relevant work and volunteer experience
- Extraordinary academic, professional and community achievement
- Potential for leadership and significant civic impact
- Outstanding personal character
Please complete the below application submission instructions by November 12, 2017. Only complete applications will be considered for the program. Incomplete or late applications will be ineligible.
- Click here to complete the application form
- Prepare and attach the following 4 documents to your application form. Please save the document as “Your Last Name, Your First Name”
- Resume: Attach a 1-2 page resume. Resumes should not exceed two pages. Please be sure to include any experience that demonstrates your commitment to public service (e.g., volunteer work, board service, community involvement, etc.)
- Statement of Intent: How do you intend on contributing to your community in both the short and long term? How will your participation in the CUP Fellows Program help you achieve your civic and career aspirations? (Please answer in no more than 500 words)
- Essay: Describe a specific activity or organization in which you were directly involved as a leader. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve them, and what did you learn about yourself in the process? (Please answer in no more than 500 words.)
- Letter of Recommendation: Please submit one letter of recommendation that can speak to your personal and professional accomplishments, civic engagement, and commitment to community. The letter of recommendation should not exceed one page and must be submitted with your application form.
CUP Fellows Program Application Key Dates
||2018 CUP Fellows Announced|
There is a $100 application fee. The application fee is waived for CUP members and discounted for applicants in the public and nonprofit sectors. Non-members will be prompted to pay the application fee upon completion of the application form.
For questions, please contact Avital Tamir Temchin at email@example.com.