The Council of Urban Professionals (CUP) is seeking dynamic emerging leaders from the business, consulting, digital and technology, finance, legal, media and entertainment, non-profit, and public sectors for its Leadership Board.
CUP’s Leadership Board is a body of appointed high performing professionals who are committed to CUP’s mission and have expressed a desire to cultivate their capacity to serve as effective board members. Over a two year period, members leverage their experiences to build strategic networks, develop their leadership skills, and enhance the CUP membership experience.
Leadership Board participation provides unique opportunities:
- Members will develop their leadership skills through CUP's Leadership Institute professional development opportunities, Leadership Board task force involvement, and signature CUP events, including CUP’s Distinguished Leadership Series.
- Members will enhance their personal and professional networks through access to CUP’s network of influential leaders from across industries and sectors.
- Members will receive individual, strategic assistance in getting matched to a non-profit board via CUP’s “A Seat at the Table” board matching initiative and have access to CUP’s board training programs.
Leadership Board members will be asked to:
- Serve on at least one Leadership Board task force
- Give or raise a targeted annual fundraising goal
- Attend four Leadership Board meetings per year
- Recruit and galvanize prospective CUP members to support CUP’s mission and work
- Maintain an active CUP membership
To apply, carefully read the details below about the nomination process. All Leadership Board applicants must be current CUP members. We encourage you to nominate yourself and/or other leaders who can add value to the Leadership Board.
CUP Leadership Board Nomination Process:
|Thursday, August 1, 2013|
|Who Can Nominate|
|CUP members in good standing (option to self-nominate)|
|What Must Be Submitted|
|Where to Submit||All nomination materials must be submitted by email to Avital Tamir at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Deadline to Nominate|
|Friday, August 16, 2013|
|Candidate Interviews with Nominating Committee|
|Tuesday, September 3, 2013 – Friday, September 13, 2013|
|New Leadership Board Members Announcement||Friday, September 20, 2013|